Northbridge is one of Canada's leading commercial Property & Casualty insurance companies with $1.3 billion in premiums providing a wide range of insurance products including property, automobile and general liability to businesses primarily in Canada. The Northbridge Group of Companies includes Northbridge Insurance which offers a broad array of innovative insurance solutions through our broker partners, Federated Insurance that operates through its dedicated sales agents, and Zenith which sells personal lines. Northbridge is a 100% Canadian owned company, and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings.
Northbridge is a partner in the Fairfax Co-op Program. Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a financial services holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. Fairfax's corporate objective is to achieve a high rate of return on invested capital and build long-term shareholder value.
For more information please visit co-op.fairfax.ca and attend our information session on Jan. 20th at 11:30 am in TC 2218.
We are seeking an actuarial student who is eager and motivated to learn. The selected candidate(s) will be working with the Northbridge actuarial department, which handles a wide variety of projects; from the more traditional actuarial work, such as loss reserving and pricing, to less traditional work such as risk management.
- Pricing, loss reserving, classification experience, and other pricing/reserving-related analysis;
- Compile and analyze company data for rate/reserve analysis;
- Assist in the preparation of rate fillings;
- Financial reporting, market research, and other ad hoc projects
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Access), VBA an asset;
- Great communication skills;
- Self-starter, quick learner, and professional;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Actuarial exams are an asset;
- Previously working experience in Property & Casualty insurance companies, knowledge of SAS preferred;