Northbridge is one of Canada's leading commercial Property & Casualty insurance companies with $1.3 billion in premiums providing a wide range of insurance products including property, automobile and general liability to businesses primarily in Canada. The Northbridge Group of Companies includes Northbridge Insurance which offers a broad array of innovative insurance solutions through our broker partners, Federated Insurance that operates through its dedicated sales agents, and Zenith which sells personal lines. Northbridge is a 100% Canadian owned company, and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings.
Northbridge is a partner in the Fairfax Co-Op Program. Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a financial services holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. Fairfax's corporate objective is to achieve a high rate of return on invested capital and build long-term shareholder value.
The Operations team supports the Underwriting and Sales & Distribution departments for Western Region, based in Vancouver, BC. The Underwriting and Sales & Distribution teams underwrite Commercial insurance and work with our Broker partners to develop and sell comprehensive insurance solutions. We are seeking a Co-Op student who is eager and motivated to join the team as a Business Analyst Co-Op, to provide analytical and operational support to the Region.
The Business Analyst Co-Op will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects and tasks including, but not limited to:
- Work closely with the Western Operations team and Regional Management team on various projects to support Underwriting and Sales & Distribution
- Work closely with the Senior Business Analyst on financial reporting and key projects supporting Regional initiatives
- Assist in developing and analyzing regional financial results and key performance indicators
- Apply forecasting skills to assist the Region with annual Premium and Expense planning process
- Provide technical and administrative support to the Operations department
- Opportunity to develop business analyst skills through monthly reporting tasks and ad-hoc data requests
- Proficient with Microsoft Office particularly PowerPoint and Excel. Intermediate Excel skill is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle confidential information, and effectively work with and present to Senior Leaders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Previous experience in financial, marketing, or data analysis is an asset