Northbridge is one of Canada's leading commercial Property & Casualty insurance companies with $1.3 billion in premiums providing a wide range of insurance products including property, automobile and general liability to businesses primarily in Canada. The Northbridge Group of Companies includes Northbridge Insurance which offers a broad array of innovative insurance solutions through our broker partners, Federated Insurance that operates through its dedicated sales agents, and Zenith which sells personal lines. Northbridge is a 100% Canadian owned company, and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings.
Northbridge is a partner in the Fairfax Co-op Program. Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a financial services holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. Fairfax's corporate objective is to achieve a high rate of return on invested capital and build long-term shareholder value.
For more information please visit co-op.fairfax.ca and attend our information session on January 20that 11:30 am in TC 2218.
The Fairfax Co-op Program has a two-step interview process. If selected for an interview, you will have one interview with a representative from Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. and must attend an information session that morning. The second interview will be with the co-op position hiring manager. For more information please visit http://co-op.fairfax.ca/student-information/Interview-Process.
The co-op is responsible for supporting the delivery team manager and working as part of the Infrastructure and Operations team. Typical assignments include business process management, documentation analysis and refining service standards reporting. The candidate will be working within a dynamic team, focused on establishing minimum baseline IT standards and reporting.
- Develop an in depth understanding of business rules and requirements and work as part of the team to implement solutions
- Business process management
- Perform documentation analysis
- Conduct workflows
- Other duties as assigned
- Recognize related problems and implement appropriate solutions within established guidelines
- Organize, interpret, and apply data/information from a variety of sources
- Interact with all colleagues in a clear and courteous manner
- Articulate ideas, suggestions and technical solutions to technical and non-technical individuals
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external business contacts
- Perform several dissimilar tasks in a short time frame, and work within deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional and technical development
- Currently pursuing a university degree preferably in Computer Science, Math or Engineering
- Understanding of database structures, application development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed with excellent problem solving skills
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite of Products (including Outlook) and Windows environment.