“The Power of Together”
Join a growing and dynamic company combining to create a revitalized organization that has a long and rich history in providing commercial, personal and specialized insurance in Canada.
The Northbridge Family includes Northbridge Insurance, supporting our broker partners; Federated Insurance, operating through dedicated sales agents, and, Zenith Insurance, which sells personal lines. One of Canada's leading commercial P&C insurance companies, Northbridge boasts $1.3 billion in premiums.
Our Toronto office is located in the heart of the vibrant downtown Toronto core. We are easily accessible by TTC, GO Transit, or even on bicycle or on foot for those who live in the city. Just steps from First Canadian Place, and walking distance to great shopping and dining, it is an exciting and dynamic location.
Northbridge is a partner in the Fairfax Co-op Program. Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a financial services holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. The Fairfax Co-op Program is looking for innovative, talented, and self-motivated University of Waterloo students who are interested in domestic and international work experience.
The Project Coordinator works within the Program Delivery Office and will assume duties in support of the delivery of a large-scale business transformation program. Typical activities would include the development and implementation of new project management processes, the monitoring and control of our inter-project dependencies, and the implementation and improvement of other Project Management tools in order to ensure effective Program and Project Delivery. This role will support the Program and Project Managers as well as the Enterprise Project Management Department as a whole.
With the support of the Program Delivery Office, this position will lead the development of processes that will support Program and Project Delivery. The incumbent will work with Project Managers, Business Users and Business Analysts to understand requirements, challenges and opportunities when developing new processes and tools such as:
- Develop, improve or implement new tools and processes to support Program Delivery
- Identify opportunities and challenges and suggest changes
- Monitor, report on and work with Project Managers to detail inter-project dependencies
- Coordinate hand-off of deliverables between team members
- Assist with weekly project invoice processing
- Assist in the improvement of current Project Management tools
- Facilitate meetings as needed
- Maintain logs, and ensure adherence to Northbridge’s Project Management governance processes
- Other project related duties as assigned by the Program Delivery Office
Skill / Behaviour Requirements
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision – seeking out support as is needed to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to research information and take initiative.
- Ability to recognize related problems and implement appropriate solutions within established guidelines.
- Ability to organize, interpret, and apply data/information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to interact with all colleagues and business team application users in a clear and courteous manner.
- Ability to articulate ideas, suggestions and technical solutions to technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external business contacts.
- Ability to perform several dissimilar tasks in a short time frame, and work within deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional and technical development.
Currently pursuing a university degree preferably in Business, Social Science, Computer Science, Math or Engineering
Understanding of Project Management and the role of a project manager in the delivery of a project
Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite of Products (including Outlook and Excel) and Windows environment.
Insurance industry experience or familiarity with the financial services regulatory environment is an asset