Fairfax India is an investment holding company whose investment objective is to achieve long-term capital appreciation, while preserving capital, by investing in public and private equity securities and debt instruments in India and Indian businesses or other businesses with customers, suppliers or business primarily conducted in, or dependent on, India.
As a member of the Fairfax India’s Finance team, the Financial Analyst Co-op will work closely with senior members of Fairfax India’s Finance team.
The Financial Analyst Co-op will participate in ERP implementation; internal initiatives; and support the external financial reporting process as required. This position is developmental in nature and provides a great learning opportunity if the candidate is looking for a progressive challenge.
Fairfax India’s Finance team, led by a group of highly experienced CPA, CAs, has a direct role in the company’s external financial reporting, acquisitions, internal controls over financial reporting, quarterly and annual financial planning, prospectus filings and investment accounting.
This position is for a 4 month term.
- Assist with the implementation of the new ERP, inclusive of performing data validations, analysis and testing to ensure the integrity of data during the implementation process;
- Assist with the compilation of Fairfax India’s quarterly filing. This will involve retrieving and analyzing reports from the company’s financial reporting system and populating relevant financial information into the company’s financial statement reporting tool (Webfilings);
- Analyze Fairfax India’s financial reporting processes and recommend improvements that result in a more efficient quarter-end close process;
- Attend team meetings; coordinate, set up and scribe meetings as necessary;
- Demonstrate some knowledge and/or proven record of success in a project engagement role;
- Assist with special projects, key financial initiatives and ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Working towards an undergraduate degree in Math, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated, detail-oriented and a team player.
- Willingness and ability to operate effectively beyond one’s current spectrum of expertise or experience.
- Ability to incorporate new technologies into work flows.
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) applications.
The Fairfax Co-op Program is looking for innovative, talented, and self-motivated University of Waterloo students who are interested in domestic and international work experience throughout the Fairfax group of companies.
For more information, please visit co-op.fairfax.ca and attend our information session on Jan. 20th at 11:30 am in TC 2218.
As well required - security clearance