Zenith Insurance Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a financial services holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. Fairfax’s corporate objective is to achieve a high rate of return on invested capital and build long-term shareholder value. For more information please visit www.fairfax.ca and www.hwic.ca.
Zenith Insurance Company is a specialty property-casualty insurance organization with headquarters in Woodland Hills, California. We are experts in the area of workers’ compensation insurance and property and casualty coverage for the California agricultural industry.
Zenith is a partner in the Fairfax Co-op Program. For more information please visit co-op.fairfax.ca and attend our information session on January 20th at 11:30 am in TC 2218.
Zenith Human Resources is engaged in an enterprise level initiative which requires an understanding of technology, business processes, data analysis/conversion, user-acceptance-testing and systems implementation.
An HCM/Payroll system implementation is currently underway. The solution will provide a consolidated structure where Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, Time Management, Recruitment, Onboarding and Compensation components will be housed in a single software-as-a-solution (SaaS) environment. Implementation of a unified system facilitates a streamlined user experience, gains in maintaining fewer data interchanges and supplies the framework for in depth human capital analytics. The organization will also implement employee and manager self-service components allowing users to work more efficiently when accessing human capital data.
This co-op offers an opportunity to work in with a cross functional team composed of members in the Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits and Finance functions. Additionally, the selected candidate will gain experience working in an Agile managed project.
This selected candidate will be actively involved in the above initiatives with specific tasks including some or all of the following depending on skill set and interest:
- Analysis and application of re-engineered employee/manager transactions processes to maximize use of employee/manager self-service
- Analysis and documentation of workflow engine rule
- Work closely with Internal Audit group to identify any gap in workflow design
- User Acceptance Testing and Documentation of established workflow
- Assist in development of employee training
- Project documentation including tracking of issues (project & business operations), action plans, new requirements, test outcomes, and project timekeeping
- Fair and friendly approach
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical focus
- Strong academic performance
- BA & Computer Science
- Systems Design Engineering
- IT Management
- Computing and Financial Management
- Computer Science
- Management Engineering
Student housing will be available in Woodland Hills with other Waterloo Co-op students. Housing is subsidized by Zenith.