Zenith Insurance Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a financial services holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. Fairfax’s corporate objective is to achieve a high rate of return on invested capital and build long-term shareholder value. For more information please visit www.fairfax.ca and www.hwic.ca
Zenith Insurance Company is a specialty property-casualty insurance organization with headquarters in Woodland Hills, California. We are experts in the area of workers’ compensation insurance and property and casualty coverage for the California agricultural industry.
Zenith is a partner in the Fairfax Co-op Program. For more information please visit co-op.fairfax.ca and attend our information session on January 20th at 11:30 am in TC 2218.
Zenith has adopted the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) framework as part of its financial reporting and operating practices. Internal Audit is a key contributor within the framework to guide and facilitate senior leadership's risk management as well as serving in a key monitoring role.
The Zenith Internal Audit Department provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to:
- Monitor and strengthen the organization's internal control structure,
- Identify opportunities for process and control improvements,
- Monitor compliance with operating procedures, laws and regulations, and,
- Share best practices throughout the company.
Internal Audit accomplishes its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, operational and governance processes.
Assignments could include:
- Audit planning, execution, and reporting. Audits of IT, financial, operational, compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley controls and processes take place either in the home office (Woodland Hills, California) or in branch offices which are located throughout the United States.
- Client interviews, taking interview notes, and preparing meeting minutes.
- Business and IT process walkthroughs
- Mapping process flows, identifying risks and controls, testing controls, and documenting and communicating results.
- Identifying and informing management, both verbally and in writing, of areas for improvement as revealed through auditing results.
- Preparing communication documents in writing for the audit management team.
- Developing and understanding: the key components of a strong internal control environment and audit methodologies, management’s process for documenting and evaluating design and operating effectiveness of significant controls, test and evaluate operating effectiveness of controls through training, cultivating relationships and participating in a learning and knowledge sharing environment.
Participants with knowledge, interest, and some experience in the areas listed would best match our need:
Information Technology:Governance, Computer Operations, System Development Lifecycle and Project Management
Insurance Principles and Operations
- Fair and friendly approach
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical focus
- Strong academic performance