Hudson Reporting Team serves as a proactive partner, point of contact and steward for all data, reporting, and analytical needs in Hudson Insurance Company. The Hudson Reporting Team strives to provide seamless access to reports and data required by Hudson Insurance to conduct business in line with overall business objectives.
The Reporting Data Analyst will collaborate with business stakeholders and the Hudson Reporting team members in report automation projects using state of the art Business Intelligence tools. The successful candidate will be working in the report consolidation project using multiple data sources including the Hudson Data warehouse and various vendors' databases. By studying existing report inventory, interviewing users, and gap analysis, you will help streamline Hudson reporting with multi-purpose reports and eliminate duplicates. Some of the experience building tasks include report design, computer programming, QA testing, and deployment of automated reports.
We are looking for a highly motivated and accomplished individual with proven academic track record, strong analytical skill, and a penchant for programming. The Reporting Data Analyst role will provide you with hands on experience in report development and SQL programming which is highly in demand in today's job market.
You will be working with accomplished programmers and report developers and gain technical ability in SQL and SAP Business Object BI Platform as well as gaining business process and KPI knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Data gathering: establishing requirements and data content
- Data analysis: provide statistics and KPI metrics
- Report design: Collaborate with users and senior programmers in designing report
- SQL Programming: write SQL codes to extract and manipulate data
- SAP Business Object: Report and universe development
- Report Consolidation: Study current report inventory and design new or modify reports in an effort to reduce numbers of reports in inventory
- Data Sources consolidation: study multiple data sources for possible consolidation in common reporting database to ensure consistency between reports
- Dashboard design: design dashboard with statistics and KPI metrics
Requirements and Attributes of a Successful Candidate:
- Currently enrolled in Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Actuarial Science
- Demonstrate the ability to work in team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and analytical capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and well developed interpersonal skills
- Experience with MS Office (Excel)
- Experience or desire to learn SQL programming
- Experience or desire to learn SAP Business Object BI Platform
- Positive attitude and commitment to learning and development
- Desire to take on responsibility and ownership
- Willingness to learn about insurance data analysis
- Excellent documentation skills
Expected skill set gained:
- Hands on SQL programming
- Hands on SAP Business Object BI development
- Database design
- Report and dashboard design
- Learn the ins and outs of insurance business process
- Hands on experience working with various departments that supports business objective to make up a complete picture of the insurance business
- Learn about key performance indicator in insurance and their components and how they correlate.