Pethealth, a Fairfax company, is North America's second largest provider of medical insurance for dogs and cats to pet owners, operating in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. In addition, the Company is the leading provider of management software to North American animal welfare organizations through its cloud-based application and is the leading provider of pet related database management services to the North American companion animal industry. Pethealth offers a unique range of products and services for veterinarians, shelters and pet owners through a number of wholly owned subsidiaries using a range of brand names including PetCare, 24PetWatch, Pet Protect, Petpals Direct, PetPoint, and Petango.com.
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a financial holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. The Fairfax Co-op Program is looking for innovative, talented, and self-motivated University of Waterloo students who are interested in domestic and international work experience.
The Software Developer will assist with various tasks related to the lifecycle/maintenance of the existing software including web applications, reports and database processes.
You will have an opportunity to work in varied areas of development including but not limited to:
- Database programming including development of ad-hoc queries, stored procedures and data conversion scripts (T-SQL, SQL Server 2012)
- Report creation using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS); Use of MS Excel charts, graphs and formulas
- .NET web application development
- - Quality Assurance
- Security systems and testingAssistance in the development of technical documentation
- 3+ years in one of the following programs: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Design Engineering, Software Engineering, or Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering
- Familiarity with any Database Management System (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Access, etc.) and SQL; completed coursework in Database Management Systems is an asset
- 6+ months of experience in either of these areas: database programming, business reporting or web development
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies (Agile, scrum, waterfall)
-Test automation experience in Selenium, Python or similar is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and well-organized
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality