Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a financial services holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. Fairfax’s corporate objective is to achieve a high rate of return on invested capital and build long-term shareholder value. For more information please visit Fairfax.ca and Co-op.fairfax.ca.
For more information please visit co-op.fairfax.ca and attend our information session on January 20th at 11:30 am in TC 2218.
The primary responsibility of the Business Process Improvement Analyst is to document process, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement improvement opportunities.
- Work closely with Trading Floor members in developing and implementing business process solutions.
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings to gather and document requirements, business processes and explore simple to moderate system solutions.
- Assisting in planning and designing business processes and making recommendations in order to improve and support business activities.
- Analyzes and documents business requirements and processes; constructs data mappings and definitions from source to target systems.
- Develops functional designs with traceability to user requirements; leads efforts to obtain stakeholder approval.
- Provides time estimates for project related tasks.
- Currently enrolled in Degree program in any Business or Computer Science related discipline
- Experience with Excel functions, pivot tables, VBA and SQL a must.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and other data entry and spreadsheet applications and programs.
- Active listening, multi-tasking and problem solving skills required.
- Business writing and planning and organizational skills required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and also independently.
- Energetic and self-motivated
The Fairfax Co-op Program has a two-step interview process. If selected for an interview, you will have one interview with a representative from Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. and the other with the co-op position hiring manager. For more information please visit http://co-op.fairfax.ca/student-information/Interview-Process.
NOTE: Students selected for an interview will be asked to complete a VBA assessment.