Northbridge is one of Canada's leading commercial Property & Casualty insurance companies with $1.3 billion in premiums providing a wide range of insurance products including property, automobile and general liability to businesses primarily in Canada. The Northbridge Group of Companies includes Northbridge Insurance which offers a broad array of innovative insurance solutions through our broker partners, Federated Insurance that operates through its dedicated sales agents, and Zenith which sells personal lines. Northbridge is a 100% Canadian owned company, and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings.
Northbridge is a partner in the Fairfax Co-op Program. Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a financial services holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. The Fairfax Co-op Program is looking for innovative, talented, and self-motivated University of Waterloo students who are interested in domestic and international work experience.
For more information please visit co-op.fairfax.ca and attend our information session on Jan. 20th at 11:30 am in TC 2218
The Claims Analyst is responsible for development, implementation, and monitoring of claims policies, procedures, practices and standards.
- Provide support in identifying and analyzing system problems and/or issues for a business area or project and develop/ enhance workflow and operational procedures.
- Manage workflow and assignments in order to ensure that quantity and quality guidelines are met.
- Continually review processes and efficiencies so as to recognize opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure that compliance initiatives within the claims unit and within the company as a whole are implemented regarding the adjusting of claims in order to promote service that surpasses insured and broker expectations.
- Support claim systems and scanning operations.
- Develop, implement and monitor standard administrative operating procedures.
- Conduct business modeling to enhance Claims administration and operations.
- Ensure the efficiency of operational controls in order to safeguard corporate assets...
- Design, review, documentation and assessment of internal controls within the Claims department (i.e. Sarbanes Oxley)
- Ensure the effective operation of the unit by coordinating and enhancing workflow and operational procedures.
- Plan and executes claim administration audits, and make recommendations to prove operations, reduce costs, and achieve compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all reports are prepared in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with internal audit team on the remediation plan for ensuring process compliance.
- Work collaboratively with Director and/or Managers on special projects as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to recognize unrelated problems and implement an appropriate solution within established guidelines.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) skills to explain processes.
- Ability to organize, interpret, and apply data/information from a variety of sources for streamlining processes.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving skills, investigative, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated report-writing skills, including an orientation toward detail and precision.
- Ability to interact with users in clear and courteous manner, ability to explain complex terms/processes in simple language.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple demands and changing priorities, and deliver results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work successfully within functional and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional and technical development.
- Working knowledge of internal business operations, operational procedures, workflow and processing functions.
- Knowledge of insurance trends, developments, current standards, philosophies, and federal and provincial/local laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architect, Visio or similar process mapping tools.
- Six Sigma qualifications or experience preferred.
- Knowledge of information systems in assigned Business area. (i.e. Direct Bill System; Capri, PMS, CPLUS, C Base Language, TSO, etc.)
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet skills. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.